23 April 2014

HOW TO REVISE

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hate revision. It is just so tedious. If you are in year 11, like me, you will feel my pain when I talk about these upcoming exams.




My first tip would be to condense the material. This always helps me as I find that I learn better when I read smaller amounts of information. I would much rather read a couple of bullet points in biology whilst revising anaerobic respiration than a whole page on it!


One of my teachers always tells my class to use different methods of displaying information when revising because your brain is more likely to remember information if you look at it at different ways. I think this is a really good tip, because there's nothing more frustrating than having to read pages of notes; mind maps are a good way of looking at notes because you can see a whole unit of small notes in a condensed form. If I'm trying to revise a certain process, (such as how a glacier is formed or how meiosis works), I find it useful making flow charts of each step.


Music can help me concentrate whilst I'm revising but I get really distracted if it has a lot of vocals in. I normally just play a playlist of instrumentals or piano covers on 8tracks. This really helps me get into the zone and I actually get my work done.


Another thing that really helps me revise is Quizlet. Quizlet is a website that contains lots of learning tools and it's really helpful for learning key terms. I have been using Quizlet in school for about 2 years now and it has helped me learn loads of key vocabulary in Spanish. Quizlet also comes in app form and you can download it from the App Store for iOS which is brilliant if you have an iPhone or iPad.


Good luck to everyone who is sitting exams in the near future, I hope these tips have helped you and I may or not have written this post as an attempt to get out of revision.


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin