6 February 2014

MAC Studio Fix Fluid: A REVIEW

I have tried countless foundations but every time I always find myself sticking to my roots and returning to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, it is definitely my favourite foundation. 

Studio Fix Fluid has everything I like in a foundation. It makes a great matte base, it is long lasting and works well with my skin. My skin is very oily in the t zone area but it can also become dry on my chin, so I like it when a foundation is oil free; which is also one of the reasons why I love this foundation. It stays on my face for about 8 hours as long as I set it with my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder which is my staple setting powder. 

As you can see from the following photos, Studio Fix Fluid is of a medium consistency but is very good for building coverage. I apply the foundation with my Real Technique's stippling brush and it takes about three pumps of foundation to build a good base. It has a smooth feel when you apply it to your face and it feels smooth, like a second skin. I use the shade NC15 which is a yellow toned colour, and it suits me pretty well. It makes me look quite pale when I wear it when I come back from holiday though, as my body and face normally tan.



One thing I do not like about this foundation is the smell. It smells a lot like paint but thankfully it does not resemble the consistency of paint on your skin (thank god). Studio Fix Fluid is sold in MAC for £21.50 and I would say it is worth every single penny, it is a really good foundation and is best suited for combination/oily skin. Even though it is quite expensive, a bottle lasts me at least three months before it runs out - it is very good value for money.

8 comments :

  1. I have never tied the studio fix foundation but has always been on my list. Thanks for the review!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's a really good founation! :) Thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Products have to smell nice if you'd ask me, otherwise I'm never putting it on my face again haha. It is a good review, but the product is kind of to expensive for my liking.

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really need to try thus out, it sounds like lovely foundation. I hope they have a good shade match for me! xx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if you pop along to a mac store or counter they will match you up! :-) xx

      Delete

LinkWithin