28 January 2014

MAC'S MOCHA

I must confess I do not spend a awful lot of money on blush and to be quite honest I could probably live without blush as long I owned a good bronzer. One of the two blushes I own is a lovely blush called Harmony which is by Mac, it is a lovely muted brown toned matte and is absolutely amazing at contouring. 

I am quite pale (NC15) and I used to think my skin only suited brown toned blushes as I had tried a very very pink blush on my cheeks and the end result made me look like a china doll, because of the contrast between the present pink tones in the blush and the paleness of my skin.. but then I met Mocha by Mac, (which when bought, pushed my blush collection up to two!) and my opinion of pink hued blushes changed for the better. 
This is a swatch of mocha under the flash, it looks like it has a hint of shimmer on this photo,
but I can promise you that it is completely matte.

One of the things I love about Mocha is it's colour payoff, it leaves my skin looking natural and not too flushed, which a lot of pink blushes often do. It is matte, so it does not leave my cheeks looking too unnatural which is good for those days where you don't want to look too made up and I find that it blends wonderfully. 

I do believe that you pay for quality, and Mac is on the expensive side but the blushes sold by Mac are of a high quality. I've had my Harmony blush, which set me back £18, for about a year and after religious use, I still haven't hit pan which is astounding! A little really does go a long way, and I only really use a little bit of blush every day so it isn't a surprise that I still have plenty of product left. Mocha, which was also £18, is applied on my cheeks every day and it basically looks brand new.




A swatch of 'Mocha' without the flash. It is a lovely matte.

If you are looking for a really nice matte shade for your cheeks, I would recommend popping along to your local mac store and browsing their blush selection! I hope you are led to love matte blushes such as Mocha as much as I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin